Friday, September 25, 2009

iPhone Mobile Portfolio



Many creative types know about this but I thought I'd post this just in case. You can use your iPhone as a mobile portfolio. I haven't had a printed portfolio in years. With my web site and pdf's, there hasn't been a need for one. Now I have a portfolio on my iPhone which I use to show my work when I meet the old school way, "face-to-face".
Sure you could dial up your web site on your iPhone but what if you are not in reach of a wi-fi zone and don't want to wait for the Edge Network to load your site. Having a portfolio on your iPhone is fast.

Here is how to put one together: first, get all your images together, rasterize them (72dpi and I made mine at 400px wide) using your favorite image editing software. Next, open iPhoto and make a new album and title it whatever you like. Next, drag all the images that you prepped for your porfolio into this album. You can rearrange the images to your hearts content. Plug your phone into your computer, click to select your phone in iTunes, go to the photos tab and make sure that your new album is selected to sync. Now sync. Your new portfolio will be an album under the photos section. You can even play it as a slideshow. Impressive.

2 comments:

  1. It is also great to preview iPhone and iPod Touch application and design concepts. I use it to see how my designs will look like on the device. If I see things I don't like I can then go back and edit the designs. It is also a great way to show the client what to expect in terms of the look and feel of the application you are designing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips Travis! Thanks for visiting.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete